Photo Stream is an excellent feature for backing up photos and accessing them on different Apple devices and that also allows you to share them with other iPhone, iPad or Mac owners. With iCloud, you can even use your shared Photo Streams to communicate with your friends and family.
This all sounds great, but what if you want to share your Photo Stream with people that don’t own an Apple device?
How to share a Photo Stream with other devices:
- Access the Photos app on your device.
- Tap the Shared button on the bottom of the screen.
- Choose the Photo Stream you want to share and open it.
- Tap the People button in the lower part of the screen.
- Turn on the Public Website feature.
- Tap the Share Link option that will pop up below the Public Website feature.
- Pick the method of sharing you’d prefer.
Now you can give the provided URL to whomever you choose, and they will be allowed to access your Photo Stream using any browser.
P.S.: You don’t have to worry about your URL suddenly becoming a public site that anyone can access (the URL won’t be reachable through searching devices like Google). But that doesn’t mean it can’t be found, so if you feel unsafe, you can unpublish your Photo Stream retracing the steps above.